The MacBook series finally being revealed today, and it shows a totally different aesthetics and handsome new design.
The spirit and key ideas behind these new design is really really awesome and great. The detail thought that Apple put into the every element of its new notebook is really something that I truly admire.
They are trying to make:
- The most lightweight, handsome, yet most durable laptop. By using single piece of aluminum to create the casing, Apple intend to create a notebook that is aesthetically stunning, extremely lightweight, yet at the same time durable. This would be in contrast with the "non-durable casing" that HP applies to its notebook a few years go (We got 6 HP notebooks with aluminum case that looks crisp, pretty and clear when it was bought, yet a few months after usage, all of them look cloudy, clumsy and "dirty" although we use it and clean it properly).
- Laptop with the most stunning graphics. By using the NVIDIA super-charged graphics processor, Apple intend to create a notebook with the best display ever -- best in picture quality, and best in graphics animation too. Try using the PowerBook Pro or MacBook Pro screen for work, then you will know that there'd be no turning back. The screen quality if the Pro series is stunning. Even the older MacBook Air screen is not as good as the Pro screens. In the past, such only can be "matched" by Sony VAIO series. (My older VAIO got some of the finest screen, and great screen indeed makes the eye sight and the experience better).Today, if Apple can make its MacBook screen quality great (and as great as its Pro series screen quality), it would be really really awesome.
- Smartest touchpad. Apple completely remove the "annoying" trackpad button, and replace it with a smart touchpad that would allow us to make "tapping hand gesture" to interact with objects on our computer screen. No more twisting our hand around, just because we need to press the right button to interact with objects on our screen. Scroll, click, tap, .. all can be done from where our fingers reside, at the time we need to act. This would be really awesome!
- Most convenient (and self illuminating) keyboard. Apple try to create keyboard that is both comfortable to use (if you ever use the Pro series keyboard, you know what I mean -- it is responding to our typing in a way that almost as great as ThinkPad excellent keyboards in the past), yet at the same time also intelligent enough to make itslef illuminated in low light condition. This would be nice addition, as no longer we would need to "turn on the light" during night flights. Features that is avaialable on my PowerBook and MacBook air, now also available on the MacBook series as well. Such is really nice.
Not only these improvements makes notebook experience truly great and wonderful, it also makes Apple notebook the best notebook ever created, as it gives people the best feel, sense and experience, in every aspect and element it is being touched upon.
Such would make more and more people eventually decisively (or admiringly, or passionately) moves to Apple notebooks.
The era of dull, boring, so-so machine is over.
- On the aesthetics side, I do really love the black-screen frame. It's pretty! I can't wait to see how the next iMac would really look like. I think -- projecting the "upcoming look of the 'next' iMac' based on this new styling and design -- the next iMac could be such a beautiful desktop machine of its won.
- I still hope Apple eventually would come up with those Apple "NetBook" or Apple "TouchBook" though. Hopefully someday it would really appear. I really believe if Apple ever come out with such device, not only it would really be so great, it would perhaps also would be so much exciting and popular as well. (We'll see how the future goes). :-)